Monday, July 21, 2008

Arrived in the Old City

I have now arrived at the Pilgrims Guesthouse in Canterbury, a 16th century Inn equipped with 21st century wireless and a flatscreen. This will be my home for the next week.

The Toronto/London flight was the fastest I have ever experienced: 6hrs and 5minutes. Normally it takes 7 to 8 hours. We arrived at Heathrow just after 7.30am local time. I then took "the tube" to Victoria station and the National Rails to Canterbury just before midday.

The downside to arriving a week after the conference begins is that you are now the only one that is still disoriented, confused and seeking guidance. Everyone else already know what they are doing and where they are going. The silver lining is that there is considerably less competition for assistance.

I must now find my way to the University of Kent, find the conference business office to secure my identification as a fringe event organizer, look for Bishop Colin Johnson of Toronto, who is hosting my event and then begin tracking down as many of the bishops who are participating in this event as I can find. I better go and eat something first.

Tomorrow, I will let you know more about this this event
Blessings

No comments: